Followers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Revelation, Reminiscence, and Pictures

Hi you guys!

Wow...okay so I know you guys have had to put up with pretty much every kind of post from me this summer. From no posts to the most emotional posts in the world, you guys have always supported my strange form of writing. I love you all for it!!! Well, the reason my posting has been so random is because I have been on this amazing, amazing roller coaster ride with God all summer. He has taken me from a deep valley of pain to a shooting star. And it has all been part of a grander plan which I can only now begin to see coming true.

One thing God is saying to me right now is to boast only in the cross. This is really something because for our culture it's basically like saying, 'exult only in the gas chamber.' Okay maybe it's just me but that sounds downright weird! Or does it? God has been showing me that death is the beginning to life...life with Him. When we glory in dying to what was here on earth, we beginning seeing what life is all about. It's only about One purpose: Jesus Christ and His glory. C.S. Lewis brilliantly stated, "I will only ever love my earthly dearest completely and fully when I first love God the way I ought. If I love God more than my earthly dearest, it is then that I have truly begun to fulfill and love my beloved." That is what God is showing me, too! I can only ultimately love others when I first love Him...with all I am...and die to everything else.

But it's not like this summer has been all hard, either! In fact, if you asked me, I would probably say it has been the most gorgeous summer of my life. So to recap the summer, I'm going to post several pictures to give you an idea of what I've been up to. And you HAVE to go all the way to the bottom. Some of the pictures at the bottom are the funniest! :)

It all started with my brother's birthday in late May. He is so beautiful...hug...love you, Mikie!


Next, we left for Israel. Here is me and of course darling Katra...the Israel roommates that toughed out even Joradian proposals together. <3

One of the places we stopped in Israel was a beautiful stone temple.
My next adventure when we came home was counselling at a junior high girls' camp for a week. Me and Sammy. I loved the little hunnies so much!
Haha...I died my hair all sorts of colors for crazy hair night at that camp. I was told I looked like Cindy Lou Who on the acted-out Grinch, but I thought I looked a lot uglier. Kicks and giggles.
The next thing on the agenda was when my sister came for a weekend visit. We love you, Jess! :hug: Mike and I missed that family gathering...sad day. But my family is SO beautiful.
At the next camp I went to, I met a beautiful, beautiful girl Grace. We were like sisters within a day.My step-grandma came up to Clydehurst Camp the final day. This is me, my step-grandma, and my mom.A beautiful hike we went on! I really like this picture, too. I could almost imagine having a house right on the tip of that hill up there some day. :sighs and dreams:
Another amazing hike we did...my Dad and I went up to some Indian caves in the peak of a mountain and rock climbed. It was amazing. You had to use ropes to lower yourself out of there. Yay! :)
The next adventure was to host a surprise party for my parents' 30th anniversary. Since the whole church is their friends, I invited EVERYONE. :) Busy busy!Don't ask why I felt like putting up a picture of their anniversary cake...I just...thought it was pretty.
Okay now this is hilarious. Me and three girlfriends went to a play called "Fame" in Livingston. We decided we would dress up like the disco 80s...bright lipstick, eccentric clothing, etc. This is me in my costume:The soul sistas':And...hahaha...this is HILARIOUS!!! A vogue pose in the bathroom of all places...yeah...it's supposed to look kinda creepyish. I'm really not THAT weird. :)

The other beautiful soul sister I made this summer was Abby. You are my kindred spirit for life, darling. :hug:

While at music camp (my newest and probably favorite adventure) we went to Big Sky. Just in case anyone wondered, they have the most delicious hot drinks in the world...AND the most expensive. That's what sharing is for. :)
Another beautiful friend met this at music camp...Mitchel Wonki. Gosh, Mitch, you are amazing!
The supper joke again...it was just REALLY funny. You guys have to believe me. :)
Summer is the best time for friends. Especially when you're all dorks like we're being in this picture.

I really do think, though, out of everyone who is so dear to my heart and out of all the things that happened this summer...I could never love anyone more or be happier than when I'm home. My family is just gorgeous!!!This summer hasn't been easy, but God has created an absolutely new and peaceful heart in me. That has been my prayer all along and He answered!
Now I am ready for something new. I'm really ready to sail away on the wings of the morning. I am ready for wherever God desires to take my little ship next. I am surrendered to Him and just as stormy as the summer began, it now ends peacefully. I will sail on...but I will not forget the lessons nor the people in this brief chapter. And most of all, I will not forget the warm sun of God's love reflecting on the waters of my heart.



No comments: